The latest posts from Reef Builders, Advanced Aquarist, and Coral Magazine.
- New Digital Edition Live: September/October LED Issue
- Unique 2,500 gallon aquarium goes on the auction block
If you happen to be in Ohio or are looking to pick up the shipping charges, there is a unique 2,500 gallon bullnose aquarium that is available on eBay. The online auction website has been a great way to pick up some deals over the years and while this may be out of MOST of […]
- Snorkle Bob: Yellow Tangs Are Chickens of the Sea
Meet anti-aquarium trade activist Robert "Snorkle Bob" Wintner as he presents his understanding of Yellow Tangs and how "coralline algae grows out of corals and smothers them" if tangs are removed from the reef. Wintner is a amiable-seeming guy who would very likely flunk marine biology if he ever bothered to take the courses.
Aquarists: Meet your Foe.
- Glabrous fan lobster from New South Wales is a crustacean cool enough to have its own tank
We’ve always kind of regarded slipper lobsters with a modicum of respect – cool because they are hardy and interesting, they can’t pinch you and they are welcome in both fish and reef aquariums since they don’t really mess with anything. But our jaw hit the floor when we saw the glabrous fan lobster, Ibacus […]
- Magical video by Coral Morphologic shows the staghorn coral tree nursery in exquisite detail
If you were intrigued by our last story on the staghorn coral tree nursery by the Coral restoration Foundation, Coral Morphologic has produced a video of what these aquaculture contraptions look like out in the field. We’re not sure how this underwater video was shot so smoothly, we have to work to do it on […]
- Growing a ‘floating forest’ of staghorn coral
Morphologic posted another great Educational Short to their Vimeo channel recently showing how the Coral Restoration Foundation (CRF) grows the threatened staghorn coral (Acropora cervicornis) for transplantation back to the reef. Video after the jump.
- Innovative Marine shows off Nuvo 16 loaded with skkye tablet LED and spin stream returns
Now this is interesting, we knew that Innovative Marine was hitting the ground running with their launch of new aquarium products but the Nuvo 16 is packing a little more heat than usual. In addition to the two Skkye LED tablets with individual reflectors, it is a pleasant surprise to see integrated rotating return nozzles […]